Volcano is centrally located to explore the east side of the Big Island, which has more things to see and do than the west side.
South of Volcano
30 minutes drive South of us towards South Point:
• Popular black sand beach, and sea turtles
• Delicious Kaʻū coffee and macadamia nut farms
45 minutes drive South of us towards South Point:
North of Volcano
30 minutes drive North of us towards Hilo:
• Panaʻewa Rainforest Zoo & Gardens is the only natural tropical rainforest zoo in the United States.
• Mauna Loa is a famous macadamia nut farm and factory
40 minutes drive North of us towards Hilo:
• Smaller waterfalls such as Peʻepeʻe (Boiling Pots) and Waiānuenue (Rainbow falls)
• Kaʻūmana Caves - explore lava tubes from the 1881 Mauna Loa eruption.
45 minutes drive North of us towards Hilo:
• Hawaiʻi Botanical Garden nestled in a historical bay
• Hawaiʻi`s largest waterfall, Akaka falls, located in Honomū town
• Exciting sight-seeing via zip lines
East of Volcano
45 minutes drive East of us towards Kalapana:
• Active lava flows and steam vents near County Viewing Area (as of July 26th, 2016, the lava flow started entering the ocean again)
• Relaxing warm ponds
• Lava Tree State Monument with unusual volcanic features
• Excellent, cheap restaurants in Pāhoa
Reserve a room on the Volcano today!
We are located less than five minutes from the world`s most active volcano, Kīlauea.