Hawaiʻi Volcanoes National Park
• Exploring Hawaiʻi Volcanoes National Park can take multiple days; some highlights include driving the crater rim tour, the chain of craters road, and day hikes (including hiking out to the current Kamokuna ocean entry that started on July 26th, 2016.
• Everything you want to know about Kīlauea and it`s caldera.
• Here is a nice map of the flows from Puʻu ʻOʻō.
Lava and Volcanic Activity
• This website provides the latest up-to-date information on the recent lava flows, where the volcanic activity is happening, safety precautions and viewing tips.
• Here is another website with up-to-date information about volcanic activity in the park.
Hikers and Bicyclists
• For the best lava flow viewing experience, check out Hawaiʻi Exploration.
• Where to bicycle in Hawaiʻi Volcanoes National Park provides information of where to go biking inside the park.
• Here is a useful page on self-guided field trips in the park.
• Here is everything to know about Special Ecological Area, Kīpuka Puaulu, also known to some as "Bird Park"
For Serious Bird Watchers
• Of course, there is the Audubon Society with more information on bird watching.
More Places to See
• Check out the world`s first Orchid Maze, with 8,000 sq. feet of beautiful orchids on display at Akatsuka Orchid Gardens.
• Volcano is home to many talented artists, see some of their work at the Volcano Art Center.
• Wine tasting in paradise is just a sip away at Volcano Winery.
• Treat yourself to 100% Hawaiian chocolate and more at Aloha Candy Co.
Reserve a room on the Volcano today!
We are located less than five minutes from the world`s most active volcano, Kīlauea.