• Big solar hot water systems on all buildings.
• Minimum impact on the native tree forest by hand clearing for multi-story buildings with small footprints.
• Skylights and large glass windows to let in natural light, and to allow guests to enjoy the native tree forest view.
• Trees cleared for the building site were recycled into the construction of Volcano Inn.
• All invasive species, including all non-native grasses, were originally eliminated and are constantly prevented from re-establishing themselves, allowing the Volcano native tree forest to regenerate.
• All rainwater is caught and processed on the property, all laundry is done on the premises with high spin, low water usage washers, therefore using less water, less power and less energy for drying.
• All lighting where possible originally installed as energy saving fluorescent lighting, many, many, years ago.
• Renewable cork and bamboo flooring in most rooms.
• We reuse or recycle everything possible.
Reserve a room on the Volcano today!
We are located less than five minutes from the world`s most active volcano, Kīlauea.